GDC Mobile: The Future of Mobile Gaming
Posted at March 20, 2006 7:05 PM in Mobile Miscellany
The Game Developer's Conference blasted off today, and along with it, the GDC Mobile mini-conference. Mitch Lasky, former CEO of JAMDAT, now Senior VP of EA Mobile, gave one of the first keynote addresses this morning.
Do you want to find international phones? Getting an international cell phone can be hard, especially when you are traveling across the world. When you want a satellite phone rental, start your search on the Internet!
The topics of his speech, The Future of Mobile Gaming and its Enemies, included:
- The state of the mobile gaming market in the US (a bit grim, but it's early yet! lots of opportunities)
- How EA Mobile (& the EA/JAMDAT merger) can grow the market more successfully than JAMDAT alone
- How if you're not big like the new EA Mobile, it's going to be ever-more difficult to break into mobile gaming
- Whats not working in the mobile gaming market:
- Mediocre game quality
- Difficult shopping experiences and billing models
- Targetting only gamers
- Rising carrier revenue cuts stranging the market
For more about the keynote, check out more commentary on the keynote at GameDaily or check out the GDC Mobile website. Lastly, you can access the best of GDC 2006 at GDCTV.net.
You can ping this entry by using http://www.mamlambo.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/633 .